6.03.2009

UDANG SAOS PADANG


When I was in Indonesia, everytime I went to seafood restaurant I always order kerang saos padang (hoooo....who dislike kerang saos padang?I think everyone like it). Saos Padang itself is really delicious, it is a mixed between hot spicy, sweet and salty. Anything come with saos padang are always good. Especially if you eat it with a warm rice.......ahhhhh soooooooo yummyyyy.........(heez I am drooling now...).

Since I left Indonesia for more than 2 years, I never eat saos padang anymore (so sad huh :(). At last, today I cooked udang saos padang. I felt like in heaven when I ate it with warm rice......wanna add some more rice, but my hubby was rolling his eyes already....hehehehehee...

I found the recipe after google-ing here and there, at last, I found it from a milis, but sorry I only copy the recipe and forgot to write down the link :(.
Anyway, this recipe is TOP ..... I only substituted the squid (the original recipe use squid) to shrimp, but it didn't change the taste at all!! It really reminds me those days when I ate kerang saos padang in Jakarta.


Udang Saos Padang

Ingredients:
500 gram shrimp, peeled
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 stalk lemon grass, sliced thinly (I smashed it instead of sliced)
3 sheets kaffir lime leaves
2 cm ginger, smashed
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce (additional by me)
100 ml water
2 tsp tamarind

Spice paste (I used mortar & pestle):
9 cloves shallot
3 cloves garlic
3 pieces red chilli paddy

Directions:
Marinate shrimp with salt and lemon juice, let it rest for 15 minutes.
Fry spice paste, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and ginger until fragrant.
Add in shrimp, stir fried until it changed the color.
Add in chilli sauce, oyster sauce and water, stirred well.
Add in tamarind, stirred until spices absorbed by shrimps.
Serve it with warm rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment