6.21.2009

CARROT CAKE


It's been long time ago I got this recipe from Ayin's blog, but I never make it. And today....is the day to try it ;). Honestly, this is my first time eat carrot cake (western's version). Before, the carrot cake that I had was chinese carrot cake. Huh? What is that? Western? Chinese? Are they different? Yeap....they are very different things. You can find chinese carrot cake in Singapore. There are plenty of stalls which are selling this dish.

Chinese carrot cake is fried and you can choose white carrot cake or black carrot cake which are black carrot cake using additional soy sauce. And some of the stalls are selling it with oyster or shrimp. Then, what western carrot cake looks like? Western carrot cake that I made today is really a cake and it baked. Both are have different taste and texture.

This time I tried western carrot cake, but next time, I will try chinese carrot cake ;). I think, it is good for your little one if they won't eat vegies.



Carrot Cake

Ingredients:
150 gram raw sugar
125 gram palm sugar
250 gram all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
300 gram carrot, shredded
1 tsp lemon peel
175 ml vegetable oil
3 eggs

Instructions:
Preheat the oven 350`F (180C). Prepare a baking pan and grease it with butter and flour. Set aside.

In a big bowl, mix all ingredients until mixed through. Mixer is needn't, you can use spatula or wisker. Shift the batter onto prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until baked well.
Dish it out, let it cool down before you cut it into square form. Use garnish if desired (I used chocolate garnish).

No comments:

Post a Comment