6.08.2009

PHI PHA TOFU


I often cook this food, besides it is easy to make, also it tasted good. I got the recipe from Esther. Actually, that day I am looking for Hainan Rice recipe, but then I found Phi Pha Tofu recipe. Based on her, this food is from a Chinese restaurant at San Francisco. From the name, its unusual name, that's why it made me wondering how's the taste....then at last I am kinda addicted with this food :). Normally, I ate it with gravy, but without gravy its still tasted good. I recommend this food to you to try ;).

Phi Pha Tofu

Ingredients:
Fried Tofu:
1 pack of silken tofu
400 gr fish paste
150 gr peeled shrimp - cut into small pieces
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
2 pieces of eggs
100 gr of tapioca starch
Vegetable oil for deep frying

Gravy:
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 pack of enoki mushroom (I substituted it to shiitake mushrooms and bamboo shoot)
2 cups of chicken broth/water
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Mix of 1/4 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch

Instructions:
1. Mix all ingredients together until well blended, then deep fry to a size of an egg until it turns golden. You can eat it like this without the enoki gravy.
2. For the gravy, heat up a pan, put in the vegetable oil, stir fry the minced garlic until golden. Then put in the enoki mushroom (or shitake mushroom and bamboo shoot), chicken broth/water, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Wait until boils, then add in the mix of water and tapioca starch to get the gravy thicken. Stir until all ingredients blend well and the gravy boils. Then pour on top of the arranged Phi Pha Tofu. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment