6.19.2009

KOLAK PISANG UBI


Actually, it was my few days ago dessert, but I able to post it today :).
Kolak pisang is a dessert from Indonesia. It is definitely Indonesian style and Indonesian taste. It is sweet and better eat it when its cold. Usually, I keep it in fridge first before I eat it.

In Indonesia, at fasting time, you can find kolak pisang everywhere, because mostly, those who are fasting, they will eat desserts when they "buka puasa".
It's been more than 2 yrs I didn't eat kolak pisang, so when there is opportunity to make it, I didn't think twice ;). Plus, I found plaintain banana at international market nearby my home.

Unfortunately, my hubby, as a western, he dislike it :(. He ate one time only ..... hikss......soooo guess what? I am the only one who ate all......bleahhhhhhh..........now, I guess for the next few months, I will not bother making kolak pisang :).

So, here you go the recipe of kolak pisang ubi.....

Kolak Pisang Ubi

Ingredients:
4 pieces of plaintain banana, cut into big chunk
2 cans of atap seed, cut into half
1 pieces of yam, diced
150 gram palm sugar (or brown sugar)
100 ml coconut milk
1 liter water
1/2 tsp salt
2 pieces of pandan leaves, knotted


Instructions:
Melt sugar with 100 ml water in a saucepan, then filter it. Set aside
Simmered water, coconut milk, salt and pandan leaves. Add in palm sugar mixture, banana and yam, boil until the banana and yam are tender. Add in atap seed, boil until boiled through. Turn off the heat, dish it out. After it cooled down, keep it in refrigerator or you can add ice block when you eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment