6.05.2009

GOHYONG / NGOHYONG


Gohyong, also known as Ngohyong is a chinese food. It made from pork, and it is good to eat it with fried rice or white rice. When I was a kid, my mom liked to make it and she will served it with fried rice....mmmmmm yummyyyyyy........

At Bogor, there are ngohyong as well, but it is very different with ngohyong from Jakarta. The differences are Ngohyong Bogor is served with potatos and another finger foods plus it served with soup. But Ngohyong Jakarta is served without finger foods, so it is good to eat it with rice.

Since I can't find any ngohyong here, so like or dislike, I should to make it by myself. This is my first experience making ngohyong (haaaa.......before I only know eat it:)), and it is sooooo good!! I made it from fish. It is not as hard as I imagined. Still, I got the recipe from Resep Mami ;).
My suggestion is you can make few of ngohyong, and after you steam it, you keep some in the freezer, then next time, when you want to eat it, you just fry it.


Gohyong / Ngohyong

Ingredients:
Filling:
100 gram corn starch
300 gram fish fillet, chopped
150 gram young bamboo shoot, chopped
2 stalks spring onion, sliced thinly
2 eggs (I substituted to 3 egg yolks)
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
50 cc water
5 cloves garlic, finely minced, fried
1 tsp sesame oil

Skin:
4 sheets big bean curd, cut into 8 sheets (you can find it at Asian Supermarket at freezer area)
1 egg, whisked

Directions:
Filling:
Mix all ingredients, mixed well.
Scope 2-3 spoonfuls batter onto bean curd sheet, spread it then roll it (into lumpia form).
Boil water in the steamer until boiled, then shift gohyong into the steamer, and steam for 30 minutes or until steamed well. Dish it out, and let it cool down.
Shift gohyong into whisked egg, then fry it into high heat oil until brown/golden color. Dish it out, and cut it for 1 cm wide. Ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. Salam kenal! Sil paling suka Ngohyong, cuma banyak kerja, biasanya sil pake udang, ini mau coba recipe Bel yg pake ikan. Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete