Since I was a little girl, when my mom fetched me from the school, she will take me to the wet market near my school, and she bought few kind of traditional Indonesian snack (we used to call it "kue/kuih"). Then, she will asked me,"Which one do you like sweetie?" and I always choosed talam ubi. Up to today, I never forget those days, and I know, I will never able to forget those sweet memories with my beloved mom :).
When I read this month theme for Click is Heirloom, I was thinking about this Indonesian traditional snack as my entry. So, this became my entry for Click hosted by Bee and Jai.
So, here it is the recipe that I got from NCC Indonesia
For Bottom Layer:
300 gr sweet potato, steamed and mashed
250 gr raw sugar
300 cc light coconut milk
70 gr tapioca flour
35 gr rice flour
1/4 tsp salt
For Top Layer:
300 cc coconut milk
100 gr tapioca flour
20 gr rice flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla powder
1. For Bottom Layer: combine all ingredients, mixed well and filtered. Set aside.
2. For Top Layer: mix all ingredients. Set aside.
3. Heat the pan for 5 minutes, then pour the bottom layer batter up to 1/2 - 3/4 height of the pan.
4. Steam for 10 minutes. Take the pan out from the steamer, then pour the top layer batter. Steam it again for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove the talam ubi from the steamer and let it cool completely before cutting into square serving pieces.