6.11.2009

AYAM BAKAR SOLO


Hooooo....since this whole week my main menus are chicken, so I started find recipes for chicken from websites, also, I looked into my recipe's files. Ahaaa........I found the recipe of Ayam Bakar Solo (Solo Grilled Chicken). I remember, few months ago I made this food already, but that time my hubby dislike it cos its kinda sweet. So, this time I reduced the sugar, and I substituted some ingredients. Andddd..........it tasted better than last time (yeaaaa.....might be cos we are not a fan of sweet, so less sweet is better than too sweet :)).
So, let's try how's the taste of my Ayam Bakar Solo @ Belzy's Kitchen.....

Ayam Bakar Solo

Ingredients:
4 pieces of chicken thighs
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 pieces of bay leaves
2 stems of lemongrass, smashed
5 tbsp palm sugar (I substituted it to 3 tbsp raw sugar, but it is ok to use brown sugar as well)
6 tbsp sweet soy sauce
3 tbsp tamarind juice
500 ml young coconut juice (or water + 3 tbsp honey; I substituted it to water only)
400 ml thick coconut milk

Spice Paste Ingredients:
10 cloves of shallots
6 cloves of garlic
2 cm turmeric (I substituted to 1 tsp turmeric powder)
2 cm fresh ginger
1-1/2 tsp ground coriander
2 cm galangal


Instructions:
Heat oil in a pan, stir fry spice paste until fragrant. Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients, stir well until the spices become sticky.
Turn heat off and let the chicken soaked in the spices over night, keep the chicken in the fridge until you want to grill it.
Grill chickens on the bbq grill (I used oven) until the chicken is cooked well. Don't forget to brush the chicken with the remaining spices.
Serve it hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment