6.07.2009

ASPARAGUS PRAWN SAUCE


This time, I only cooked a very simple food.......(haaaa...weekend is my lazy day ;)). So, I cooked my last pack of prawn and asparagus for our dinner today. For the recipe...hoooo don't ask where I got it, cos this is my experiment to cook asparagus (hahahaha, this is my first time cooking asparagus, and also my hubby's first experience eating asparagus....is that so weird, he never eat asparagus before? haaaaa...). The taste is not bad, cos I baked it with butter, so it gave a special fragrant to the asparagus. Do you wanna try? ;)

Asparagus Prawn Sauce

Ingredients:
400 gram asparagus
200 gram white shrimp/prawns, shelled
1 tbsp tapioca starch mixed with 2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp butter
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1½ tbsp vegetable oil
Directions:
Preheat oven 325 degree F. Place the asparagus on an alumunium foil, spread the butter on the asparagus and sparkling it with garlic. Fold the alumunium foil until the asparagus are all covered. Bake it.
Place wok on medium heat and pour in the oil. When it is hot, put in the garlic and saute. When it has yellowed, add the shrimp/prawns, turn up the heat and stir-fry on high heat. When nearly done, turn down the heat.
Season with the asparagus broth from the baking, oyster sauce, pepper and soy sauce. Turn up the heat and when the liquid comes to a boil, pour in some of the tapioca flour-water mixture to thicken the sauce. Then pour it on top of the baked asparagus and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment