6.17.2009

POTATO DOUGHNUT WITH CHOCO GLAZE


It's been long time I want to bake potato doughnut that I got the recipe from NCC, and today I did it! Since I am not a big fan of sweets so this doughnut is not my fave one. Probably, I should to reduce the sugar, cos I spread the sweet choco glaze on top of the doughnut which is sweet already. But, my hubby liked it so much. Heezzz...he really has sweet teeth :).
For those who likes sweets, you can try this :).


Potato Doughnut with Choco Glaze

Ingredients:
500 gram all-purpose flour
50 gram milk powder
11 gram instant yeast
200 gram potato, steamed, mashed and cool it down
100 gram sugar
75 gram margarine
1/2 tsp salt
4 egg yolks
100 ml cold water

Instructions:
In a big bowl, mix flour, sugar, milk powder and instant yeast, mixed well.
Add in mashed potato, egg yolk and cold water, mixed through and half elastic.
Pour in salt and margarine, mixed until elastic and didn't stick on your hand. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
Divide the dough with each dough weighed 50 gram, rounded. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
Make a hole in the middle of the doughnut, fry it with medium heat until golden browned. Dish it out. Spread choco glaze on top of every doughnut.

Choco Glaze:
Ingredients:
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate bars
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups sifted powdered sugar (I substituted it to brown sugar)
6 tablespoons water

Instructions:
Melt chocolate and butter in the steamer. Add sugar gradually. Add water until consistency is thin for glazing.
Use immediately to drip or spoon over raised doughnuts or keep warm until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment