6.12.2009

AYAM BUMBU RUJAK


Yeaaaa......still in our main menu of the week......CHICKEN.......soooo, Indonesian Food Style is became my great intention for this week.
Actually I had cooked this food few months ago, and this time is my second time cooked Ayam Bumbu Rujak. As another Indonesian dishes, this one is tasted spicy and using more than one herbs. And because of I don't have any red chilli at the moment, so I did a tricky way, I combined green chilli with chilli sauce, so at the end, my ayam bumbu rujak still looked red :).
Unfortunately, it is a little bit too spicy for my hubby, though he told me he can eat it, but I can see his lips and face are became so red....(oughhh so sorry dear....).
So, do u dare to try how spicy it is? ;)

Ayam Bumbu Rujak

Ingredients:
4 pieces of chicken thighs
500 ml vegetable oil
2 piece of tomato
2 pieces of bay leaves
1 stalk of lemongrass, smashed
1 inch of galangal, smashed
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Spice Paste:
5 cloves of shallot
5 cloves of garlic
5 pieces of candlenut
5 pieces of red chilli pepper, finely minced (I substituted to 5 pieces of green chilli pepper + 2 tbsp chilli sauce)

Instructions:
Rinse chicken and drained, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, fry it until fried through.
Heat oil in a pan, stir fry spice paste until fragrant. Stir in chicken and remaining herbs, stir fried well until the spices absorbed.
Turn off the heat and dish it out. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment