5.24.2009

WAJIK


Indonesian original dessert, I think it is come from Java. It is sweet made from glutinuous rice. For those who likes sweet, I recommend it to you to try it :). My hubby likes it so much. Myself, I like wajik since I was a little girl. I always asked my mom to buy wajik for me everytime she went to traditional market.
Yeah...yeah...can't eat too much, cos it is too sweet. If you dislike sweet, you can reduce the sugar. For me, I would like to reduce the sugar next time.
Are you ready to make it? ;)

Wajik

Ingredients:
400 gram glutinuous rice, soaked in water for 1 hour, then steam it for 45 minutes
300 gram palm sugar
400 cc coconut milk
7 pieces kaffir lime leaves
1/2 tsp salt


Directions:
Mix palm sugar, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves and salt, mixed well. Stir it until boiled, turn off the heat then filter it.
Add glutinuous rice, mixed well. Stir it until the coconut milk absorbed by the glutinuous rice, and it is oily and tender.
Place the glutinous rice into a pan which is covered by banana leaves and brushed with oil already. Cool it down, then cut into diamond form. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment