5.09.2009

SWEET & SOUR FISH BALL STEAK

Today was really a beautiful sunny day. It was about 70 degrees outside! Very warm, bright and breezy day :). Sky is blue, and I can see the cloud on the sky. Why I seemed so happy with the blue sky etc, because most of times what we have grey and cloudy sky only at here :(. Seattle is Indonesia's Bogor, a rainy city!! So, today my hubby and I went to 2 beaches. First, we went to Redondo Beach. The view is really beau there, but unfortunately, we can't stop by there cos there's no parking area :(. So, my hubby took me to another beach, Dash Point Stated Park. This one is smaller than Redondo Beach. But the good thing, we can have BBQ here (oughhh.....it really reminds me to East Coast @ Singapore).
When we arrived there are lots of people already. Most of them BBQ-ing *hmmm....they gave me an idea for my dinner :)*. We spent few hours there. Luckily, I brought my camera so I took lots of pics there....(I'll share with you later).
After we are tired and hungry, we came home. As soon as we arrived home, I rushed prepare our dinner. I choosed a simple but tasty dinner, so I made Sweet and Sour Fish Ball Steak :). It was a fusion between East and West dish. West, cos we ate it with carrot, green beans and french fries :). East, cos it tasted sweet and sour :).
Beside the good taste, if you want a simple food, you can try this at home :).

Sweet & Sour Fish Ball Steak
Ingredients:
250 gr fish fillet, minced
3 sdm fish paste (optional)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1½ tbsp sweet cooking wine (ajimirin)
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 tbsp tapioca flour (corn flour is ok)
1 white egg
Vegetable oil

Side Dish:
3 pieces of carrots, cut into small matches size, boiled
3 pieces of potatoes, sliced, fried
100 gr green bean, boiled

Sauce:
2 pieces of tomatoes, diced
½ piece of onion, sliced
3 tbsp sweet & sour chilli sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar
100 cc water.

Directions:
Fish Ball:
Mix all ingredients except white egg, mix well. Add white egg, stir until thoroughly mixed.
Heat oil on a saucepan. Shape the fish dough become small round form, then fried with low heat. Set aside.

Sauce:
Heat oil on a saucepan, add onion, sweet & sour chilli sauce, tomato sauce, water and rice vinegar, stirring until boiled. Then add tomato and fish balls, stir well. Turn off the heat.

Serving:
Put carrots, green beans and french fries on a plate, then add the fish ball. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment