5.19.2009

KUE KACAMATA

I am so hilarious when I saw cassavas in the freezer of an Asian store that I used to go. Then I decided to buy the grated and whole cassavas.
Hmmm...what I want to make with those cassavas? Ahhhhhh.....I know, it's been long time I want to make fermented cassava, that's the whole cassava for. And the grated cassava......I'll make Glasses Cake. GLASSES CAKE??? What was that???It is a translation from Kue Kacamata in Bahasa. Its a weird name, but have a good taste :). It made from cassava and coconut with banana wrapped in it. This cake is an Indonesian local cake which is you can find easily there.
It is good to eat it at your coffee/tea break :)
As usual, I changed a bit the ingredients by substituted the coloring foods to cocoa powder which is I think healthier than using coloring foods (that's my opinion :)).
So.......let's make Kue Kacamata :)

Kue Kacamata

Ingredients:
1 kilogram grated cassava
300 gram grated coconut
1/2 tsp salt
120 gram raw sugar
1 drops of pure vanilla extract
4 pieces of bananas (I used del monte brand)
1 tsp cocoa powder
Banana leaves, cut into 20cm x 15cm, washed and drained.

Directions:
Mix 2/3 recipe of grated coconut and 1/2 recipe of salt until thoroughly mixed. Steam it for 15 minutes. Set aside.
Mix cassava, 1/3 recipe of grated coconut, the rest of the salt, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract, mixed well.
Scope 1-2 spoonfuls batter onto banana leaves, spread it well, add 1 banana and roll it until the banana is covered by the batter.
Wrapped it well and pin the edge of banana leaves with toothpicks.
Steam it for 45 minutes until steamed well. Cool it down, then unwrapped the banana leaves, cut into 1 cm size. Pour the steamed coconut. Ready to served.

No comments:

Post a Comment