5.18.2009

KUSHIKATSU (FRIED SATAY)


How would I cook all those fishes?? Everyday eat fish, made me lose idea how to cook it. I was thinking to cook Japanese food this time :) *secret: this is my very first time cook Japanese food :)*.
After browsed from the internet and found some Japanese Foods' recipes, only one recipe caught my eyes. Kushikatsu is Japanese Satay (kinda), but usually satay is grilled, and this one is fried. Because I never eat fried satay, so I found this food was interesting.
The only thing is the original recipe used chicken, but I substituted to fish, and as additional I marinated the fish for few hours before fried it, where the original recipe didn't tell to do so.
The taste is really good. Do you wanna try? ;)
Oupsss, almost forget to tell you that the recipe below is after modificated by me :). I got the original recipe from Resep Mami.

Kushikatsu

Ingredients:
400 gram fish fillet
1 piece of egg
200 gram all-purpose flour
125 cc water
1/4 tsp baking powder
150 gram wheat bread crumb (you can use any bread crumb)


Marinate (mix all the ingredients):
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce

Sauce:
50 cc worchestershire sauce
2 tbsp water
1-1/2 tbsp light soy sauce kikkoman
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp sugar


Directions:
Marinate the fish for 3 hours.
Mix egg, water, 1/2 recipe of flour and baking powder until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
Cut fish fillet into square form, then put the meat into the skewer. Set aside.
Pour the meat on the rest of the flour until thoroughly covered, then soak it into egg batter, then pour it with wheat bread crumbs until thoroughly covered.
Deep fried kushikatsu with medium heat (see tips below), fried until golden color.


Sauce:
Mix all ingredients, mixed well, then boil it.


Tips:
* For deep frying, better use medium heat. The meat will absorbed too much oil if use low heat, and if use high heat, it might cooked the outside only.

No comments:

Post a Comment