5.10.2009

STUFFED CUTTLEFISH WITH MANGO CHILI


Today was my groceries' day. I went to 3 grocery stores. Two of them are Asian stores, and the other one was the normal stores. My fave Asian store is 99 Ranch Market where I can found almost all ingredients I need :). And today, I bought cuttlefish and swai fish fillet, its quite cheap *hohoho....I loved cheap things*. Unfortunately, I can't find Shaoxing Wine there :(....heezzzz really sad :(. The CS told me to go to row no 4, but still I can't find it :(.....but don't worry, though I need to change our menu for dinner today, I knew already what I want to cook :). CUTTLEFISH!! Yea, actually, I have no plan to buy the cuttlefish.
When we arrived home, I'm still confused what style I should cook for this cuttlefish cos my hubby doesn't really like cuttlefish and fam (incl.squid). He thinks it tasted like rubber...too chewy :). Opposite with me, I love cuttlefish and squid so much :). Then, I saw 3 mangoes that I just bought from WinCo this early morning. Mmmmm..........my brain thinked fast.......ahaaaaa.....Mango Chili!! Then, I looked into my fridge, there it is, I still have fish paste and shrimp. Ok, done! I know what I want to cook now.....Stuffed Cuttlefish with Mango Chili......
My hubby liked it so much. He almost can't figured it out that is cuttlefish...hahahaaha....but he saw the head of cuttlefish, so he knew it :). He said the taste so fresh, mixed between sour, sweet and spicy. And guess what.....this is his first time eat mango as a dish!! I'm glad that he liked it *yeayyy*
Do you want to try it? It tasted good, believe me! :). The mango chili is original from my mom's recipe. Enjoy! (You can eat this as appetizer and entrees)

Stuffed Cuttlefish with Mango Chili

Ingredients:
Stuffed Cuttlefish:
500 gram cuttlefish
150 gram fish paste
150 gram shrimp, grinded
1 piece of white egg
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sweet cooking rice wine
1 tbsp fish sauce
Vegetable Oil for fry

Mango Chili:
1 mango, shredded
2 pieces of kaffir lime leaves
1 tomato, sliced
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 piece of lime, squeezed
50 cc water
3 pieces of chili padi (or 1 tsp chili powder)
3 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp coconut palm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp shrimp paste

Directions:
Stuffed Cuttlefish:
Wash cuttlefish, separate it from the head. Set aside.
Mix shrimp, fish paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and white egg, mixed well. Stuffed it into the cuttlefish.
Heat oil on a saucepan, fry the stuffed cuttlefish until golden color. Set aside.

Mango Chili:
Stir fry crushed chili padi, garlic, coconut palm sugar, salt and shrimp paste until the color is changed. Add stuffed cuttlefish, stir well. Add tamarind paste, lime juice and water, stir well. Add mango and tomato (don't over cooked). Turn off the heat. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment