5.07.2009

RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

Since my today's title in English, so I'll write the story behind the baking in English too...*uhuyyyy*.
It's been long time ago I want to bake brownies, but it never happened. So, today I forced myself to bake it *actually I lacked of idea for today's snack..hehe..*.
Why I named it "Raspberry Chocolate Brownies"? cos I substituted the chocolate chips which are used in the original recipe to raspberry. It didn't change the taste of brownies. It still tasted good :). As decoration, I used homemade chocolate frosting *lately, I tried to avoid instant foods/ingredients, since my hubby and I are starting to live a healthy life now :)*.
Frankly speaking, this is my second brownies in my whole life :). My first brownies was baked more than 10 yrs ago when I was in high school, but it was failed :(. That time, the brownies were hard as stone til my dad teased me that my brownies is good to hit a dog ....hoooooo.........
But today, I did it!! :).....Unfortunately, my dad will never know :((..............*heezzz kok jadi mellow sehhhh*
Ok...ok......I'm done with my life-brownies story :). Now, it's the time to share the recipe for you. Here it is.....

Raspberry Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
3 eggs
2-1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Raspberry
1 cup Almond
Chocolate Frosting

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan; add cocoa, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla; beat with spoon until thoroughly combined. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in raspberry and almond. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 minutes or until top is dry and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost it. Cut into bars.

CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Beat butter in small bowl. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla. About 1 cup frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment