5.17.2009

SHANGHAI SHRIMP SPRING ROLL


Today is the end of the week, but I still have a pack of raw shrimp. I need to cook it soon, then I saw in my fridge, there is spring roll wrapper....aha....Shanghai Shrimp Spring Roll is the right choice for our snack today, and it's been long time I never make spring roll. Ok, go to kitchen and prepare everything, bamboo shoot? yes! shiitake mushrooms? here it is! shrimps? Of cos its ready to be peeled ;)......haaaaa I am too much talking, aren't I? hoooo.......ok, better I'll give you the recipe soon. This recipe is my mom's recipe, even though she is not here with us anymore, but I still kept her cooking recipes book :).

PS: my hubby ate 4 pieces....haaa so lucky he likes exercise, if he doesn't...huaaa he'll become a big balloon...hihihihihi..

Shanghai Shrimp Spring Roll

Ingredients:
20 sheets of lumpia wrappers
250 gr shrimp, peeled
150 gr carrot, shredded
150 gr bamboo shoot, cut into matches size
100 gr white cabbage, cut thinly
100 gr shiitake mushroom, soaked in the water until soft, sliced thinly
3 cloves of minced garlic
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp water
Vegetable oil for frying
LUMPIA SAUCE:
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp. flour2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. orange juice
Salt and pepper
Directions:
Shanghai Lumpia:
Heat pan with high heat, put garlic, fry it half fried, then add shrimp, stir fried until the color changed.
Add carrot, bamboo shoot, cabbage, shiitake, oyster sauce, fish sauce, salt, sugar and water, stir well.
Pour tapioca starch, keep stirring until thoroughly mixed. Turn off the heat, set aside and let it cool down.
Scoop 1-2 spoonfuls filling onto the lumpia wrapper, fold it into envelope’s form (or lumpia).
Fry it with medium heat. Serve hot with lumpia sauce.
Sauce:
Mix in a pot the garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, orange juice, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat. Add flour, stirring until sauce boils and thickens. Can be used with the Fried Lumpia Shanghai.

No comments:

Post a Comment