5.12.2009

PANADA


I have plenty of fish in my fridge. What would I cook with all those fish....heez...it's been almost 2 months we ate fish only. Hmmmmm..........the idea is Panada (Manado's snack)! I remember, when I was in Jakarta, there are a Manado's Restaurant which are selling panada. I do really like it!!
What is panada? Panada is similar but not same with fried bread, and the filling is fish. Don't worry it hasn't fishy smell (that's why perhaps we should use tuna).
I recommend it to you to try!! And it was not hard at all to make panada (gosh...all these times I thought it's hard to make panada..now I can eat panada anytime).
Oughhh...the last but not the least, I modified the original recipe based on the ingredients that I have :).....

Panada
Ingredients:
Filling:
250 gr spanish mackerel (I substituted to 3 cans of tuna)
2 pieces of red chilli padi
4 pieces of green chilli padi
4 cloves of shallot
3 cloves of garlic
1 slice ginger
3 pieces of candlenut
1 tomato, diced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp raw sugar
1/2 sheet pandanus leave, minced (I substituted to 2 pieces of kaffir lime leaves)
200 cc coconut milk
20 pieces of thai basil leaves

Bread:
1 tsp instant yeast
25 cc warm water
2 tbsp raw sugar
250 gram all-purposes flour
1 egg, beated
100 cc warm coconut milk

Directions:
Filling:
Minced both chillies, shallot, garlic, ginger and candlenut then stir fry until have fragrant.
Add tuna, tomato, salt, raw sugar, pandanus leave and coconut milk, cook until the coconut milk absorbed. Add thai basil leaves, mix well. Turn off the heat. Set aside.

Bread:
Mix instant yeast, warm water and sugar until thoroughly mixed, set aside for about 10 minutes.
Add all-purpose flour and egg, mixed well.
Gradually, fold in the coconut milk, stir it until the dough doesn't stick on your fingers, cover it with plastic and set aside at warm temperature for 1 hour.
Take 2 spoonfuls bread dough, roll it with 1/2 cm thickness, then fill it with the filling, form it like pastel. Then fried it with medium heat until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment