5.30.2009

SCONE OAT ALMOND-RAISIN


Today was a busy day for me. I spent 3 hours in the kitchen from 11 AM to 2 PM preparing all kind of food from snack to main course. I baked scone oat almond raisin for our snack, also pineapple fried rice and fish in turkey ham pillow with plum sauce (I'll post the last 2 recipes later). My hubby like pineapple fried rice so much (oh...please, who don't), so we have pineapple fried rice for our lunch and fish in turkey ham pillow with plum sauce for our dinner. Though I'm so tired, but all is paid off cos my hubby like it and he ate good today :).
Now, I want to share with you the recipe of scone oat almond raisin. Actually, it is muffin, but why it named scone (as we know scone meanings biscuit), might be cos it is so crunchy because of the oat. You've to try it then you'll know :).
It is a very easy and simple recipe. You needn't a mixer or any hard tools to make it. Plus, I think it is a good recipe for the beginners in baking. It was my second time baked it. The original recipe that I got from Femina is using cheese and it is salty scones, but I substituted some ingredients and changed it become sweet scone. So....are you ready? Let's practice!! ;)

Scone Oat Almond-Raisin
Ingredients:
150 gram oatmeal (old fashioned oat meal)
150 gram all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
200 gram sugar
50 gram butter, melted
2 eggs, whisked
300 ml fresh milk
50 gram raisin
50 gram almond
Directions:
Place muffin papers into muffin pan. Set aside.
Mix oatmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar, mixed well.
Add in butter, mixed well. Add in egg and milk, mixed until fluffy. Add in raisin and almond, mixed well.
Scope one spoonful batter into muffin pan until full. Sprinkle it with the rest of raisin and almond.
Bake into preheated oven 350 degrees F (180`C) for 15-20 minutes or until baked well. Cool it down on the rack wire. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment