10.20.2009

GARLIC BREAD


What would you do if you get homemade french bread left? I guess, garlic bread is the right choice to make over this homemade bread, and it will become a good companion for the corn soup I made today.



Actually, the original name of this homemade french bread (that what I named it) is no-knead bread from J's Kitchen. No-knead bread??? Yup, same as me, when I read the words of 'no-knead' it made me excited to try this homemade bread.

I can say the bread itself is soft but a bit un-moisturize, and the skin sides are hard, so when you eat it, it feels like you are eating french bread which hard outside but soft inside. Unfortunately, yesterday I didn't cook any soup so the bread little bit neglected in my kitchen drawer. I only ate 2 slices and my hubby didn't eat at all :(.

But today, when I made over this bread became garlic bread....hoooooo.......once it came out from the oven, the smells of garlic and oregano filled our kitchen, and my hubby (right away) washed his hands, and sat on the breakfast table waiting for me to give him a try :). He ate the garlic bread with hot corn soup...........andddd he finished half of the bread :).


Garlic Bread

Ingredients:
1 loaf of no-knead bread (or you can use French bread), sliced (width: 2 or 3 cm)
4 tbsps margarine (Belzy -- I prefer blue band, it will make the bread more yellow)
3 cloves of garlic, pasted with mortar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp granulated sugar Splenda
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp basil
Alumunium foil

Methods:
Preheat the oven at 350`F (180`C).
Mix all ingredients, mixed well. Spread the butter mixture on one side of the bread only. Do it until no more bread left.
Arrange bread on the foil, then wrap bread. Bake it for 15 until 20 minutes, or until the margarine melted and the bread little bit brown. Serve it while still hot.

2 comments:

  1. sama Bel, laki lu ama laki gua...kalo uda ga doyan, boro2 nyentuh...terpakssa kita jd korban...gua biasanya suruh bawa ke tempat kerja, pasti abis....enak ga enak :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haahaha...bener banget Tik, di sini juga gitu, kalo bikinnya kbanyakan dan susah abisnya, pasti deh gue oper ke tempat kerja laki gue, pasti abisss...:))

    ReplyDelete