10.11.2009

MUN TOFU

Hiyaaaaaaaa.........this is our family fave dish, when I was a kid my mom loved to cook mun tofu (we called it mun tahu). Then, since my dad passed away and my older brother and sister were married and moved out to their own house, we are very rare cooking this dish. Yup that's true, its been long long long time I never eat mun tofu.



So, when I got married, for some reason, I'm kinda miss this dish, and I tried to cook it (and crossed my fingers and hoping my hubby likes it). And guess what?? He loved it!! So, this became another fave dish in our little family :).

When the first time I cooked it, I only depend on my memory of mom's mun tofu and add some other spices, and......wallaaaaa.....here it is the deliciouse mun tofu from my lil kitchen :)




Mun Tofu

Ingredients:
1 pack of silken tofu, cubed
300 gr tenderloin beef, sliced (other kind of beef is ok)
2 stalks of spring onion, cut into 1 cm length size
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp shizhuan sauce (optional)
1-1/2 tbsp black bean (I used a ready-stock black bean in the bottle)
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
Water
Vegetable oil

For Marinade:
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1-1/2 tbsp tapioca starch

Methods:
1. Marinate sliced beef with light soy sauce and tapioca starch, make sure all meats are coated by tapioca starch. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.

2. Heat oil on a skillet with high heat. Stir fry garlic until fragrant. Add in black bean, mashed it with spoon (half mashed). Stir in marinated beef, stir well and meat no longer pink in color. Add in tofu, stir thoroughly.

3. Then, add in soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, shizhuan sauce (if desire), pepper and water, stir them until the water half thick, then stir in spring onion, stir well until the water completely thicken and boils. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment