10.17.2009

HONEY AND SWEET POTATO CAKE

This is my first sweet potato cake ever!! Actually, few weeks ago I was thinking to make a cake with sweet potato as the ingredient. I found myself attracted to sweet potato :), all this time the only food I made of sweet potato is biji salak and sweet potato balls (trans: bola ubi).


So, yesterday morning I asked Mr. Google for any cake recipe made of sweet potato, and his answer is this. The differences from the original recipe are I used more sweet potato and I skipped the honey (unfortunately, I have no honey available in my kitchen drawer), and the cake issss......SCRUMPTIOUS!! I do really like it :). What about my hubby? Oughh....this time I can't ask his opinion cos he is ill and lost his appetite.....:(.

However, this cake is highly recommended to try!! ;)



Honey and Sweet Potato Cake

Yields: 12 slices

Ingredients:
200 gr margarine or butter
50 gr palm sugar
50 gr granulated sugar
50 gr honey (Belzy -- I skipped it and substituted it with sugar)
100 gr sweet potato or yam, steamed and mashed (Belzy -- I used 250 gr yam)
5 eggs
250 gr all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
50 gr choco chip (Belzy -- I used 25 gr hazelnut and 25 gr raisin)

  • Sift baking powder and flour on a bowl, set aside
  • Prepare and grease a loaf pan with butter, set aside.
  • Mix margarine, palm sugar and granulated sugar until soft with mixer. Mix in honey, mixed well. Mix in mashed sweet potato, mixed well. Add in eggs, one at a time together with sifted flour and baking powder, mixed well. Add in hazelnut and raisin, mixed well.
  • Pour the batter into loaf pan and bake it in the preheated oven (190`C/375`F) for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180`C (350`F) for 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cooling down before you cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment