10.14.2009

LUMPIA

In US, lumpia known as snack from Phillipine. I need to reassure my hubby that in Indonesia we called spring roll as lumpia also. It's kinda sad when I know that people only know lumpia from Phillipine :(. So, this time I made lumpia to let the world know that lumpia is Indonesian snack too!! :).


In the past, I think I did post lumpia's recipe, but that was Shanghai Spring Roll which a bit different than my 'this time' lumpia :).

Hmmmm.....better we enjoy the lumpia first.....yummmm..........


Lumpia

Ingredients:
1 pack of spring roll skin
300 gr shrimp, peeled and deveined,
3 pieces of carrots, cut into matches size
5 pieces of shiitake, sliced
150 gr bamboo shoots, cut into matches size
150 gr cabbage, sliced
2 stalks of spring onion, cut into matches size
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
Vegetable oil



Stir fry garlic until fragrant. Stir in shrimp until the color changed to pink. Stir in the rest of ingredients, stir well and boiled. Cooling down before wrapping.

Place one sheet of spring roll wrapper on a flat plate. Scope 1 - 2 tablespoonful filling, then wrap it like wrap an envelope.

Heat oil on a skillet with high heat. Fry lumpia until brown and crispy. Serve it hot with chilli sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment