9.06.2009

TURKEY, CHEDDAR AND CARROT BUNS



Got the recipe from Jenny. I am interested already when I saw this recipe in Jenny's blog, but some projects kept me til today to bake this buns.
Believe it or not, this is my first buns I baked, and I am so ecstatic when the buns turned so good, though it made my arm sore cos I need to knead it til elastic (heez....I don't have bread maker's machine so I did it manually).
The only different from the original recipe, I made it with turkey sliced instead of bacon, and I think, I over baked it so it made the turkey a bit burnt :( (or it supposed use bacon??)

Anyways, my hubby and I liked it so much. For us, this bun is different than the other snacks I used to make.
So, here we are ....... Turkey, Cheddar and Carrot Buns ;)

Turkey, Cheddar and Carrot Buns



Ingredients:
for the dough:
130-140 gr bread flour
1 tsp yeast
1 small (60 gr) carrot, peeled, finely shredded
1 egg yolk
60 ml water
20 gr butter, softened
1/8 tsp salt

for the filling:
4-5 slices turkey
8 slices processed (American) cheddar cheese



Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix flour and yeast.
2. Add shredded carrot, egg yolk, and water. Mix to combine and knead until almost elastic.
3. Add butter and salt. Knead until elastic. Put in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 1 hour. Meanwhile prepare the turkey: cut into slices and place on a muffin pan. Bake in preheated 200C (400F) oven until starts to brown.
4. Punch dough down. Set aside for 10 minutes. Roll into 25 x 40 cm rectangle. Lay slices of processed cheddar on top of the rolled dough in a single layer.
5. Roll dough up. Cut into 9 thick slices and place in the middle of bacon 'wrap's. Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 30 minutes.
6. Bake in preheated 180C (350F) oven for 35 minutes.

Note: please check here to see how you place the turkey on the muffin pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment