5.15.2010

WHOLE WHEAT SPINACH PASTA



It's been long time ago I am tempted to make fresh spinach pasta. I think that mind came before I left Indonesia. But, of cos, that time I don't have too much interest to cook so complicated food.

But then, after my lovely husband bought me this standing KA mixer, I tried to find as much as complicated food to make almost everyday ! Then, I remember this fresh spinach pasta, also, after my chat-blog-friend, Christine, told me that fresh pasta is easy to make, so I challenged myself to make my fresh pasta.

And, it tasted really good! The pasta is chewy and tasteful. My husband loved it so much! I made it from whole wheat flour, so it is healthier than the normal pasta which has loads of carbs.

I cooked it with simple and light ingredients which was heavy cream will be excluded :).



Chicken Whole Wheat Spinach Pasta
Source: Mangia Bene Pasta (and a little changed by me)

Ingredients:
For Spinach Pasta:
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lukewarm water
8 oz of fresh spinach

For Chicken Sauce:
1 piece of red bell pepper, diced
1 baked chicken breast
3 slices bacon, fried until crispy and crushed
1/2 piece of yellow onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
50 gr button mushroom, sliced
Oregano, basil, salt and blackpepper, to taste
Grated cheese (parmesan or cheddar)

Serve it with: homemade garlic bread from fresh baguette

Directions:
For Pasta:
Remove stems from 8 ounces of fresh spinach. Cook the spinach in boiling water about 2 minutes or until wilted. Rinse to cool and squeeze it dry. Puree the spinach in a blender. Add the eggs and blend the mixture well.

Place the flour on a large floured surface. Make a well in the center. Pour in the spinach-eggs mixture. Add the salt, oil, and water. Beat the mixture in the well with a fork. Using a fork, gently start to work the flour into the liquid. Continue until the dough becomes sticky and difficult to work with the fork. Use your hands to form the rough dough into a ball.

Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover with a bowl or towel and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.

Proceed with rolling and cutting the pasta according to your recipe. (Belzy -- I cut it as fettucine pasta)



For Chicken Pasta:
Saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Saute in chicken until well done. Add in bell pepper, mushroom and spinach pasta. Spice it with oregano, thyme, salt and blackpepper, to taste. Sprinkle it with crispy bacon and parmesan or cheddar cheese. Serve it with garlic bread immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment