1.02.2010

BAKMOY



Whoaaaa......I'm kinda lazy to update this blog lately, also it's been long time I never take any food photos :(. I seem lost my interest on food photography :(. Yea, I admit that "sceneries and people" photography are catching my attention now.

Anyway, as now is 2010 already, so I think I should, at least, update my blog *that abandoned for a while*, and this will become my first entry for 2010 :).

All these times, I only enjoyed the photos and recipes of bakmoy from other bloggers. Frankly speaking, from the look it doesn't attract me at all. In my mind, everytime I see bakmoy, I only can think of rice with soy sauce meat which is 'too plain' food for me. Until, few weeks ago, Christine told me that she wants to cook bakmoy, and at that time, I asked her a bit about the recipe, then since I have no idea what I should cook for our meals, so I give a try to make bakmoy as well.

So, right after I chatted with Christine that day, I googled the recipe. There are plenty of bakmoy's recipe with lots of variance. After searching lots of recipes, at the end I decided to combine 2 recipes from Ine and Esther's blog become 1. And as the words saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover", same with bakmoy, this dish is really good!! Yea, it is a very simple food but rich with flavor :).

And, guess what??? My hubby likes it!! So, yeaaa I think I would cook it more often now ;).....



Bakmoy

Ingredients:
For Bakmoy:
5 Boiled eggs
400 gr pork, sliced
Deep fried shrimp balls (recipe follows)
5 tbsps sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp light soy sauce
Spice paste : 3 cloves garlic and dried shrimp

Deep fried shrimp balls:
200 gr shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsps tapioca starch
1 egg
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Directions: combine all ingredients, then form it as small balls with 2 teaspoons. Deep fried all the shrimp balls. Set aside.

For Soup:
500 cc chicken broth (Belzy -- I used pork broth)
3 tsps fried garlic, crushed
2 stalks spring onion, finely sliced and fried

For Complimentation (optional):
2 cloves garlic, pasted
10 tbsps warm water
Fried shallots

Directions:
For Bakmoy:
In a skillet, stir fry spice paste until fragrant. Stir in the remaining bakmoy's ingredients. Pour in 1 cup of broth. Boil it until the broth remains 1/2 cup only. Dish it out. Set aside.

For Soup:
Boils the remaining broth with garlic and fried spring onion until boiling. Set aside.

Finishing:
Arrange rice on a plate. Put 1 tsp garlic mixture. Add in bakmoy, then pour in the soup. Ready to serve.

2 comments:

  1. mengoda selera (belum sarapan dan masih 2 jam untuk lunch)

    Bel, pinter masak. Kenapa nga buka restoran saja disana? Pasti laku deh

    ReplyDelete
  2. iya sih sel, pengennya juga buka resto kecil2an, tapi ga tau kenapa blom brani maju nih, lagi pengen nrima pesenan via phone dulu, jd pengen tau pasarannya gimana trus chance nya gimana :).

    ReplyDelete