2.26.2011

BAILEY'S ICE CREAM



Bailey's is the most alcohol drink that I like. For my tastebud, its not too alcoholy and not as bitter as other alcohol drink.

Actually, I am not the kind of person who can drink alcohol. The very first time I drank alcohol is when I was in high school, and that is Singapore Sling, and even though we (me and my 2 other girl-friends) shared it together yet I still fell sick the next morning. So, from that day I always refused to drink any alcohol drink.
But, Bailey's is a different story :). Tho I dare not drink a full glass of serving, but I like it *it isn't bitter at all*.

Since I made tiramisu ice cream which contained rum and kahlua, I've been craving bailey's ice cream. For some reason, I'm unable to make it until one day, I took *forced exactly* my hubby to buy bailey's irish cream at liquor store.

Then....here we are with this creamy rich bailey-ish ice cream which I changed the recipe here and there from the original recipe. I love love love it!



Bailey's Ice Cream

Ingredients:
600ml whole milk
450ml heavy cream (double cream)
150ml Bailey's Irish Cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
5 large egg yolks
225g sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Preparation:
Combine the milk and cream in a medium saucepan. Stir in vanilla extract.
Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Boil it until barely boiling.
Combine eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is thick, smooth, and pale yellow in colour (similar to mayonnaise).
Measure out 1 cup of the hot liquid. With the mixer on low speed, add the cup of hot milk/cream to the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream. When thoroughly combined, pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the milk/cream mixture and stir to combine.
Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Transfer to a bowl through a sieve, stir in Bailey's, cover with a sheet of plastic wrap placed directly on the custard, and chill completely. Process custard according to the ice cream machine manufacturer's directions.
The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container, cover ice cream directly with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming and place in freezer. Alcohol contained ice cream will take about 10 hours to freeze.

5 comments:

  1. Bailey is my most favourite alcoholic drink too...:D)! Waduh enaknya yg bisa buat ice cream sendiri...hehe...Tapi mungkin bagus juga aku gak bisa (dan gak pernah coba) buat sendiri, krn kalo udah bisa nanti takut kebablasan, terus makanan eskrim tiap hr bisa gawat nih aku...;). Tp bener loh, Bel, es krim mu menggiurkan sekali, menggoda iman nih, hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @CG: enak yah Bailey :). Tapi aku juga kagak berani minum kebanyakan, demennya icip2 gitu sin.
    Huehehehehe....iya aku aja nih aku tahan2 diri loh sin kagak makanin ntu es krim. Untungnya hubby ku doyan ice cream. Tapi tetep ga bisa banyak2...Jeleknya aku yah sin demen bikinnya tapi disuruh makannya suka agak2 mikir, jadi kadang suka mubajir :(. Andai dirimu tinggal deketan, kan bisa ku transfer es krim2 nya ... huehehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belzy, just stepped by your delicious blog to say hi and I absolutely love your divine-looking photos!

    have a great time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula, thanks for visiting my blog. Also thanks for the compliment. I'm glad that you like my photos. I'm still learning tho :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Belzy, salam kenal. Gw seneng liatin resep2nya...ntr deh dicoba. Soal Baileys gw suka bikin minumannya, taunya dari waktu kerja dulu di Gedung Wisma 46 Jkt th 2000an awal, ada cafe yg jual minuman ini. Sekali wktu gw beli eh keliatan dia lg buat pk Baileys...sejak itu gw lgs bikin di rumah. Yg ini dia bikin dari susu coklat (Milo) pk es, dicampur Baileys dishake n on the top dikasih serutan dark choc. Rasanya selangit deh..boleh dicoba haha..sori nih jd kasih kamu resep malahan. Btw penasaran, di state mana kamu nih? kl pas summer gini enak bgt minum itu..ntr ice creamnya gw coba deh. thanks ya.

    ReplyDelete